This year the digital Anglonordic programme brings you the opportunity to engage and participate in two Keynote sessions, four interactive panel discussions, company presentations, workshops, networking sessions and one-to-one partnering from the 25 - 28 May.
Tuesday 25 May 2021
Tuesday offers a series of Workshops, Networking and one-to-one partnering.
09:00 The Right Hit Finding Approach for You
During this workshop, resident experts from WuXi AppTec will discuss a range of different hit finding techniques which can be applied either individually or in parallel, depending on the target, to find tractable hit matter with the highest chance of being optimized into a drug. More details to be announced soon!
11:00 Standing Out From The Crowd Workshop
During this workshop hosted by marketing and media consultancy, MoxieWorks who will share with you the 8 key components to build an effective marketing strategy. Whether you are looking to generate investment, boost brand awareness or raise your profile as opinion leader. This will help you understand your marketing more deeply and effectively.
Sharing experience and client case studies from years of experience of translating the diverse needs of businesses into clear and concise strategies with measurable outcomes.
European life science entrepreneurs are developing cutting-edge technologies that will require reliable funding sources beyond what is available in a given country or region. How to identify investors from across the globe that are a fit for a given technology and stage of development? How to get the attention of those investors? Join us for an interactive webinar on these and other key topics hosted by Life Science Nation.
12:00 Fundraising Bootcamp & Branding and Messaging Workshop
14:00 Finding Funding Workshop
During this webinar hosted by SEHTA you'll gain an overview of public sector funding opportunities: including how to write a successful grant application plus an overview of private sector funding opportunities: including how to produce an effective Investor Pitch slide deck.
- Dr David Parry, CEO, SEHTA
- Nick Rodgers, Chair, SEHTA
15:00 The Next Frontier of Biotech - Roundtable Discussion
During this roundtable discussion participants will discuss the next frontier of biotech: turning the food industry from low-tech into high-tech. Why is now the time for biotech applications in food? What is still missing? How is the investor landscape changing?
Moderated by: Alex Hoffmann, M Ventures
- Maarten Bosch, Mosa Meat
- Raffael Wohlgensinger, Formo
- Mazen Rizk, Mushlabs
- Sara Marquardt, NxFoods
- Tom Simmons, Supplant
An opportunity to informally network in virtual rooms with conference attendees ahead of the main conference programme the following day.
Wednesday 26 May 2021
Mattias Johansson, The Anglonordic Life Science Conference Founder & Director of Ezenze
Conference Chair: Mary Clark, MD, Optimum Strategic Communications
Kate Bingham, Managing Partner, SV Health Investors
09:30 Panel Discussion: What Are the Hot Investment Areas?
Europe’s leading investors will provide an overview of their outlook on the market, as well as current and future trends that are driving investment in the healthcare sector.
Chaired by: Amber Tong, Endpoints
- Hakan Goker, M Ventures
- Deborah Harland, SR One
- Nanna Lüneborg, Novo Holdings
- Stephan Christgau, EIR Ventures
10:15 Networking break
An opportunity to informally network in virtual rooms with conference attendees.
Dr Joern-Peter Halle, SVP, Global Head of Research, Healthcare, Merck Healthcare
11:00 Company Presentations
Biotech Investment Company PresentationsChaired by: Catherine Longworth, Web Editor, pharmaphorum
- 11:00 - 11:05 Welcome from the session Chair
- 11:05 - 11:15 STORM Therapeutics, a pioneer in the field of RNA epigenetics.
- 11:15 - 11:30 Adare Pharmaceuticals, a global, technology-driven CDMO providing turnkey product development through commercial manufacturing expertise focused on oral dosage forms for the Pharmaceutical, Animal Health and OTC markets.
- 11:30 - 11:45 VAXIMM, a privately held Swiss/German biotech company that is developing oral T-cell immunotherapies.
- 11:45 - 12:00 Macrophage Pharma, focused on treating human disease by reprogramming macrophage function through transcriptional reprogramming and targeted drug-delivery leveraging proprietary Esterase Sensitive Motif™ (ESM™) platform.
- 12:00 - 12:15 Gate2Brain, a biotech company focused on the development of therapeutics that efficiently cross biological barriers such as the blood-brain barrier.
- 12:15 - 12:30 SNIPR Biome, a CRISPR and Microbiome company focused on the interplay between life-threatening infectious diseases treatment and prevention, the microbiome and Oncology.
Technology Investment Company PresentationsChaired by: Ian Bolland, Editor, Med-Tech Innovation News
- 11:00 - 11:05 Welcome from the session Chair
- 11:05 - 11:15 Santersus, has developed a NucleoCapture selective apheresis device first in class fully functional product designed to capture and remove circulating cfDNA and Neutrophil Extracellular Traps (NETs) from patient blood to to revolutionize how we control the human immune and inflammatory response.
- 11:15 - 11:30 Aortyx, designs and develops medical devices to cure aortic diseases with the introduction of uniquely designed endovascular patches. Aortyx moves forward from conventional approaches, based on temporary repair, to definitive regeneration.
- 11:30 - 11:45 Spirea, a private antibody drug conjugate (ADC) biotech company spun out from the University of Cambridge, UK. The company will use its novel, wholly-owned, high drug-to-antibody ratio technology to improve ADC safety and efficacy and generate an exciting pipeline of differentiated therapeutics to treat a range of solid tumours.
- 11:45 - 12:00 Ahead Therapeutics, has developed an innovative solution based on the use of PS-liposomes containing auto-autoantigens. Through a biomimetic process, these liposomes can induce antigen specific immune tolerance, thereby interrupting the autoimmune reaction.
- 12:00 - 12:15 IOMED, a company located in Barcelona whose main objective is to accelerate clinical research, by helping hospitals to reuse their clinical information.
12:30 Networking Sessions
Informal opportunities throughout the programme to meet with other delegates, connect and build relationships.
12:30 The new Danish Life Science Strategy
Denmark recently launched a new Life Science Strategy to further develop this already strategically important industry. Join us to hear more about the 38 initiatives to improve conditions for R&D and ensure better and more secure use of Denmark’s unique health data, increase the number and quality of clinical trials in Denmark and better leverage digital health solutions and treatments.
Join this half hour, interactive session hosted by Invest in Denmark.
13:00 Panel Discussion: DDR Therapeutics
A panel of industry experts and investors will discuss this exciting field of biology, clinically validated by the first-generation PARP inhibitors currently on the market. Listen to the panel discuss the strength of DNA Damage Response as an investment opportunity and how this hot area of biology will rapidly impact the clinic.
Chaired by: Lucie Ellis, In Vivo
- Niall Martin, Artios Pharma
- Mark O'Connor, AstraZeneca
- Andree Blaukat, Merck KGaA
- Simon Boulton, Artios Pharma & Francis Crick Institute
13:45 Company Presentations
Biotech Investment Company Presentations
- 13:45 - 13:50 Welcome from the session Chair
- 13:50 - 14:00 Indi Molecular, developing a breakthrough, fully synthetic protein chemistry platform to transform targeted therapeutic and molecular imaging.
- 14:00 - 14:15 Emenda Therapeutics, a new UK-based RNA-splicing biotech founded on the world-leading insight of its academic Founders in the field of splicing factor kinase inhibition. The company is developing novel small molecules to modulate aberrant mRNA splicing and bring forward new medicines for the treatment of chronic pain and cancer.
- 14:15 - 14:30 NanoSyrinx, a discovery stage spin-out from the University of Warwick, developing a completely novel intracellular biologics delivery platform.
- 14:30 - 14:45 Renovos Biologics, a regenerative medicine company, is pioneering a nanoclay gel technology platform, Renovite® , for medical applications to address the unmet need for long term tissue regeneration, offering safer, more economic clinical solutions for health systems, and better outcomes for patients.
- 14:45 - 15:00 Ability Pharmaceuticals, is a biopharmaceutical company developing new first-in-class candidates to treat cancer. We are focused on autophagy as a new therapeutic strategy to induce cancer cell death. Based on this novel mechanism of action, we are generating a portfolio of new drugs targeting oncological unmet needs.
- 15:00 - 15:15 Leadartis, a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of proprietary therapeutic antibodies named Trimerbodies with higher multivalence and multispecificity than the immunoglobulins, which are currently most prevalent on the market.
- 15:15 - 15:30 Myxobiotics, developing the cystobactamid broad-spectrum anti-bacterial for treatment of cUTI and possibly HAP/VAP.
15: 15 Networking Sessions
15:30 Panel Discussion: Building your Board - Structure, Diversity, Success
Join our panel of internationally experienced Board profiles from the industry as they discuss the importance of an agile, forward-looking, tenacious and diverse Board for success in the healthcare sector. Amongst them, our panel have experienced what an impactful Board looks like and the momentum it can give any growth stage life science business for success.
Chaired by: Maureen Coleman, Chairman
- Eva-Lotta Allan, Non-Executive Director and Chair
- Patrick Vink, Non-Executive Chairman and Board Member
- Melanie Lee, LifeArc
- Edwin Moses, Independent Director
16:15 Panel Discussion: If I knew then what I know now
Mike Ward Chairs a panel of industry executives who will reflect on previous experiences and discuss key learnings from their careers.
Chaired by: Mike Ward, Decision Resources Group, part of Clarivate
- Catherine Moukheibir, Non-Executive Director
- Roel Bulthuis, INKEF Capital
- Renee Aguiar-Lucander, Calliditas Therapeutics
- Steven Powell, eTheRNA immunotherapies
Reflections on the days themes and topics.
- Hakan Goker, M Ventures
- Mary Clark, Optimum Strategic Communications
Hosted by Mattias Johansson and our Sponsors join our informal networking rooms to toast the end of an exciting day.
More details to be announced soon!